More than one third of UK consumers aged between 18 and 34 (34%) are interested in mobile payments alongside one fifth of 55- to 75-year-olds (20%), research from Deloitte has revealed. “We are reaching an inflection point for NFC-enabled mobile payments in the UK,” says the company’s Ed Marsden. “We expect usage of contactless mobile payments could surge.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway