More than half of US shoppers (54%) would use a mobile wallet if it were accepted everywhere and 20% would stop carrying traditional wallets if mobile payments were accepted everywhere, research from Blackhawk Engagement Solutions reveals. In a survey of 2,500 consumers, 85% use PayPal, 24% use Amazon, 23% use Google Wallet and 19% use Apple Pay.
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments
- Mastercard to launch artificial intelligence bots for banks and merchants