One97 Communications, owner of mobile payment platform Paytm, has asked Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to increase the limit on money that can be kept in a mobile wallet to Rs 25,000 (US$393) from Rs 10,000 (US$157). “One97 Communications, which has investment from the Alibaba group, is also building a mobile marketplace and aims to have half a billion Indians on the Paytm platform before 2020,” Times of India reports.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments