One97 Communications, owner of mobile payment platform Paytm, has asked Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to increase the limit on money that can be kept in a mobile wallet to Rs 25,000 (US$393) from Rs 10,000 (US$157). “One97 Communications, which has investment from the Alibaba group, is also building a mobile marketplace and aims to have half a billion Indians on the Paytm platform before 2020,” Times of India reports.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes