One97 Communications, owner of mobile payment platform Paytm, has asked Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to increase the limit on money that can be kept in a mobile wallet to Rs 25,000 (US$393) from Rs 10,000 (US$157). “One97 Communications, which has investment from the Alibaba group, is also building a mobile marketplace and aims to have half a billion Indians on the Paytm platform before 2020,” Times of India reports.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland