Users of Canadian NFC mobile wallet Ugo will be able to store gift cards from today by scanning the card with their smartphone camera. The move comes as a survey by Ipsos on behalf of Ugo showed 54% of Canadians would use gift cards to their fullest value, and sooner than they do now, if they could store them on their smartphone and scan them at checkout.
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics
- mBeaconVend enables mobile vending machine payments