More than 620m mobile banking apps that support biometrics for customer authentication and transaction verification will be downloaded by 2020, research from Goode Intelligence predicts. “Additionally, almost 160m wearable devices will be benefiting from seamless biometric authentication for accessing banking services on a variety of wearables, including smartwatches and bands,” the company says.
- Samsung Pay boss reveals plans for ‘more aggressive expansion’
- UK supermarket chain trials NFC digital receipts
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America