Android Pay will launch “very, very soon,” Google’s head of commerce partnerships Jack Connors told Mobile Payments Conference in Chicago this week. “I will be very surprised if, come November, an Android user doesn’t know about Android Pay,” Connors said, adding the service will come equipped with ‘Smart Tap’, a feature allowing users to pass information such as mobile loyalty cards with payment details at checkout.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx