Commuters across the UK city of Manchester will soon be able to buy Metrolink tickets using a Get Me There mobile app and make contactless payments for printed tickets at more than 250 machines, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has announced. Bus operators Arriva, First and Stagecoach will also introduce smartcards that can be used across the region.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks