Commuters in taxi cabs across the UK cities of London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham will soon receive context-relevant messages as they travel. A total of 4,000 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons are being installed in taxis by mobile proximity marketing provider Proxama and taxi advertising provider Ubiquitous. Proxama also partnered out-of-home media owner Exterion to roll out beacons across public transport services.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks