Supermarket giant Carrefour Belgium has teamed up with Visa Europe and transaction services provider Worldline to roll out contactless payments in 747 stores across the country by the end of this year. “This is a unique momentum in the Belgian payment sector as it is the first time that a large retail store is proposing consumers to pay contactless,” Carrefour says.
- Smartphone users rate security most important app attribute, survey finds
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments
- Nine out of 10 commercial banks exploring blockchain for payments, survey finds
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding