Apple has reportedly set up a new company called Apple Technology Services (Shanghai) to bring Apple Pay to China. The company “will launch new major commercial activities — Apple payment services, including adding a new mobile payment feature on Apple’s iPhone and other end products,” Yicai reports. Apple told Agence France-Presse this week that CEO Tim Cook hopes to launch Apple Pay in the country “as quickly as possible”.
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app
- US banks told to improve cyber security
- Face recognition ticketing system unveiled