A hacking group affiliated with the Chinese government penetrated the corporate network of LoopPay, the inventor of the Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology that was acquired in February 2015 to form a core part of Samsung Pay, the New York Times reports. “Both LoopPay and Samsung executives said they were confident that they had removed infected machines, and that customer payment information and personal devices were not affected.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway