More than 1bn mobile phone users will have used their devices for banking purposes by the end of this year, Juniper Research predicts. “This global user base is forecast to reach 2bn by 2020, by which time it will represent 37% of the global adult population,” the researchers add.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments