US retailer-led consortium MCX is to add ACH payments capabilities to its CurrentC mobile wallet, using technology developed by Buy It Mobility Networks (BIM). “Using BIM’s technology, consumers will be able to connect their checking accounts to the CurrentC mobile wallet app and make payments at the cash register, table or pump at more than 70 brands nationwide,” MCX says. The consortium expanded its CurrentC beta to 150 stores last week.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain