Commuters in Dubai may soon be able to pay for travel using contactless watches from Watch2Pay. “People will be able to use the NFC-enabled watches to pay for metro, bus and taxi fares as well as using them for shopping through the embedded credit card,” Khalid Al Awadhi of Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) told Gulf News. “We have tested the devices and they have received the pass certificate by our technical team.”
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?