People in Ireland are now making over two million contactless transactions with Visa debit cards every month, Visa Europe has revealed, representing a rate of one contactless payment per second. “Adoption and usage of contactless cards in Europe continues to grow, most recently marked by more than one billion transactions across Europe in the last 12 months,” the payment network says.
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events