Visa has confirmed it is to acquire Visa Europe for an upfront consideration of €16.5bn with a potential additional earn-out of up to €4.7bn. “The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in Visa Inc’s fiscal third quarter of 2016,” Visa says.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market