US startup Lisnr has secured US$10m in Series B funding for a technology that uses inaudible sound waves called SmartTones to connect devices. “It works like existing technology protocol Bluetooth, except Lisnr uses sound waves and does not require hardware or maintenance,” the company says. It is also working on making Lisnr the “go-to” technology for powering contactless payments, CEO Rodney Williams told TechCrunch.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments