Apple is planning to launch Apple Pay in China by 8 February 2016, according to the Wall Street Journal. “The Cupertino company has struck deals recently with China’s big four state-run banks,” the publication reports. “The effort could still face regulatory hurdles in China, where banking and ecommerce are overseen by a number of government agencies.” Reports that Apple Pay had “hit bumps” in China first emerged in February 2015.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain