Apple is planning to launch Apple Pay in China by 8 February 2016, according to the Wall Street Journal. “The Cupertino company has struck deals recently with China’s big four state-run banks,” the publication reports. “The effort could still face regulatory hurdles in China, where banking and ecommerce are overseen by a number of government agencies.” Reports that Apple Pay had “hit bumps” in China first emerged in February 2015.
- US banks told to improve cyber security
- Face recognition ticketing system unveiled
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing