Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons and proximity marketing solutions will drive US$7.5bn in spending by millennials in the US this holiday season, research from beacon network inMarket predicts. “In 2015, the top five product categories to benefit from in-store proximity engagements were deli items, over the counter medication, wine and spirits, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks,” the company adds.
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app
- US banks told to improve cyber security