Google Wallet users will soon be able to send money to anyone in their contact list using just a phone number. “When you send money to a phone number, the recipient will get a text message with a secure link,” Google writes in a blogpost. “They can simply enter their debit card to claim the money and it will be available in their bank account within minutes.” Google relaunched and repositioned Google Wallet as a P2P payment solution in September 2015.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway