Google Wallet users will soon be able to send money to anyone in their contact list using just a phone number. “When you send money to a phone number, the recipient will get a text message with a secure link,” Google writes in a blogpost. “They can simply enter their debit card to claim the money and it will be available in their bank account within minutes.” Google relaunched and repositioned Google Wallet as a P2P payment solution in September 2015.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade