More than a quarter of UK shoppers (28%) prefer contactless payments because they are easier and 29% prefer paying via contactless because it’s speedy, research from mobile network operator EE shows. “Almost 13m shoppers have been forced to abandon transactions due to lack of card and contactless payment facilities, and four in five expect to be able to pay by card everywhere they shop,” the carrier says.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments