Facebook has given some developers access to an as yet unannounced Chat SDK that allows them to build interactive experiences and “bots” in Messenger for shopping, booking travel and more, according to TechCrunch. “The Chat SDK allows developers to create bots that users can send text messages to directly and that automatically respond with information, images, location services, product prices, buy buttons and more,” the publication reports. “The Chat SDK can also tap into Messenger’s built-in payments system to let users make purchases via bots.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway