Apple Pay is now available in more than 2m US retail locations, according to Bloomberg, with the Crate & Barrel, Chick-fil-A and Au Bon Pain chains also due to roll out the service soon. “In addition to pushing past its goal to make Apple Pay available in 1.5m retail locations by the end of 2015, the company said the feature’s in-app purchase volume more than doubled in the last six months of the year compared with the first half,” Bloomberg reports.
- Discover joins effort to speed up EMV checkout
- Amex bot notifies purchases through Facebook Messenger
- Walmart Pay arrives in 15 more states
- ABN Amro takes payments to WhatsApp
- EMV claims more than a third of global card-present payments