PayPal has unveiled a new platform that enables merchants and partners to embed buy buttons in emails, social shares, blogs, articles, ads and apps through a set of APIs. “The PayPal Commerce tools, which are currently in beta, allow merchants to securely sell across contexts — anywhere consumers are online or on their mobile devices,” the company says. The platform is the result of the company’s acquisition of mobile commerce platform Modest in the second half of 2015.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport