A “small handful” of major French banks are now poised to sign deals to bring Apple Pay to France “by the end of the year”, Les Echos reports, following months of negotiations over the share of transaction fees Apple should receive from card issuers. The recent deal between Apple and China UnionPay “is auspicious because it shows that Apple may make concessions,” one observer told the French newspaper.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar