MasterCard could begin supporting Apple Pay in Canada this year, according to a MacRumors report. “MasterCard is also looking to support Apple Pay in Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore in 2016,” the publication says. “The information is based on an unverified document, however, so the plans cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt until other evidence surfaces.” Apple Pay launched in Canada in November 2015 with support from American Express alone.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain