Mobile POS provider Square has launched in Australia, enabling retailers across the country to accept credit and debit card payments using their mobile phones. “Australia marks the fourth market for Square, joining the US, Canada and Japan,” the company says. Square’s contactless chip reader does not appear to be available in the country, however, as “tap-and-go would have made the device too expensive and too big,” Square country manager Ben Pfisterer told the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade
- Battery-less smartwatch powered by body heat