Australian commuters across New South Wales will be able to pay for public transport with their contactless credit and debit cards from next year, the NSW Government has announced. “A lot of critical work needs to be undertaken in the first stage of this project such as finalising partnerships, working with the finance and contactless payments sector, developing the software and then, in 2017, undertaking a customer trial,” says minister for transport and infrastructure Andrew Constance.
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding
- Contactless festival payments up 33%
- One in four use mobile wallets in Singapore
- Indian bank offers sound-based contactless payments