The global mobile biometrics market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 103% between 2016 and 2020, research from Technavio predicts. “The increase in the adoption of mobile devices for financial transactions is the primary driver for the market,” the firm says.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain