PARTNER NEWS: A new blog post from digital security giant Gemalto explores the role of NFC-enabled wearables at sporting events and their potential to banish so-called “paper ticket syndrome”. The company is supplying its Celego contactless wristbands for travel and payments across the French city of Lille during Euro 2016 as well as helping Visa in supplying NFC payment rings for Olympians at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Case studies about other Gemalto deployments can be found here.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway