Amazon is to announce that it is adding “dozens of new brands” to its Dash push-button ordering devices despite “evidence that consumers are cool to them”, The Wall Street Journal reports. “Fewer than half of people who bought a Dash button since March 2015 have used it to place an actual order, estimates Slice Intelligence,” the publication says. “Those consumers who do order make a purchase roughly once every two months.” The Dash Replenishment Service was launched in January 2016.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain