US consumers are testing a new service that lets them send money through Facebook’s Messenger chat app. “The company confirmed it has added a new option in its flagship app’s main navigation titled Send or Request Money,” TechCrunch reports. “The feature will move Facebook users into Messenger in order to manage payments.” The service is only available in the US for “the time being”. Reports that Facebook is also looking at letting users make in-store payments through Messenger emerged in May 2016.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway