US consumers are testing a new service that lets them send money through Facebook’s Messenger chat app. “The company confirmed it has added a new option in its flagship app’s main navigation titled Send or Request Money,” TechCrunch reports. “The feature will move Facebook users into Messenger in order to manage payments.” The service is only available in the US for “the time being”. Reports that Facebook is also looking at letting users make in-store payments through Messenger emerged in May 2016.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain