Customers of Canadian mobile network operator Videotron with a Desjardins Visa card can now use their mobile phones to make NFC payments of up to $100 (US$77) at any contactless terminal. “Customers who want to make mobile payments can go to the Videotron Customer Centre to check whether the function is supported by their device and their SIM card,” Videotron says. “If their phone supports NFC but their SIM card does not, they can pick up a compatible SIM card free at any Videotron location.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway