Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has begun offering customers a contactless card enabling them to make in-store purchases wherever Mastercard is accepted, charging the payment to their mobile phone bill. The MegaFon card is currently available in Moscow and surrounding areas, as well as St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Tver, Kaliningrad, Murmansk, Arkhangelsk and Vologda. It is scheduled to be made available nationwide from 1 October.
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app