Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has begun offering customers a contactless card enabling them to make in-store purchases wherever Mastercard is accepted, charging the payment to their mobile phone bill. The MegaFon card is currently available in Moscow and surrounding areas, as well as St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Tver, Kaliningrad, Murmansk, Arkhangelsk and Vologda. It is scheduled to be made available nationwide from 1 October.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain