Ecobank customers in Nigeria will soon be able to make in-store payments by scanning a QR code using their mobile phone or entering a merchant identifier into their feature phone. The bank has worked with Mastercard to launch the Ecobank Masterpass QR service, an enhancement to the Masterpass digital payment platform. It will enable “millions of micro, small and medium enterprises in Nigeria to accept fast and secure digital payments from consumers for the first time,” Mastercard says. Ecobank plans to introduce Ecobank Masterpass QR to 34 other markets.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain