Customers of Singapore’s OCBC Bank can now send money using Apple’s Siri virtual assistant or via text using Apple’s iMessage platform. “Users tell Siri whom to send the payment to and how much they want to send,” OCBC says. “Within the iMessage conversation screen, users can choose the OCBC Pay Anyone iMessage app to initiate the payment.” The Siri and iMessage services for OCBC Pay Anyone are available to all OCBC Bank customers using iOS10 devices and the latest OCBC mobile banking app.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain