French casino and hotel group Groupe Partouche has partnered with MeReal Biometrics to test the use of biometric smart cards by employees to access secure areas. The initial test of fingerprint-based biometric cards will take place in two of the group’s 42 casino and hotel properties early in 2017. If successful it will pave the way towards a ‘closed loop’ system with all regular guests and 4,500 employees using biometric cards to perform a wide range of payment and access applications.
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks
- German MNO begins SIM-based NFC mobile payments pilot