Samsung Pay is aiming to grasp “the largest share” of the Taiwan market following approval from the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) to enter the country, along with Apple Pay and Android Pay. “Several banks that work with the three mobile payment brands are testing their systems and seek approval from the FSC before the Samsung services kick off in the local market,” China Post reports. Samsung Pay’s Thomas Ko spoke to NFC World about the mobile payment service’s expansion plans at Money20/20 last month.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland