Customers of US telecoms giant AT&T can send text messages to up to 10 contacts using Amazon’s Alexa artificial intelligence assistant. The AT&T Send Message skill went live on 18 November allowing users to ask to text a friend, after which the assistant prompts them to say their message. The launch came on the same day that Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices were made available on the AT&T website and in its retail stores.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain