Austria’s Raiffeisen Bank Group has signed a deal to install 1,200 Diebold Nixdorf ATMs in its branches equipped with QR code scanners and NFC readers. Customers will be able to pay bills by scanning the QR code printed on the bill and using the ATM’s touchscreen display. Those who already have NFC-capable cards will be able to use the ATM’s contactless functionality. The bank says this will enable it to “deploy many other new applications that allow ATMs to interact with customers’ smartphones in the future, such as a cardless cash function”.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland