Vodafone Spain has announced it is conducting an NFC pilot in Madrid with Spanish rail operator Renfe, with the aim of speeding up access to train stations during peak travel times. The system was demonstrated to attendees of the mobile operator’s Move ’09 enterprise mobility event in Madrid last week. Vodafone says that a SIM based solution is being used in the pilot but no further details are available for now.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents