Nokia Industry Collaborations VP Mark Selby told Mobile: “Nokia is anticipating multiple NFC-enabled devices, which won’t all be at the high end of the market. Our plan is to see NFC in lots of devices, not just smartphones.”
Selby declined to say when or how many NFC devices Nokia plans to launch, but said he anticipated that UK consumers will be widely using NFC devices by 2012.
One source close to Nokia said: “In Q3 and Q4 of next year we will see Nokia going into NFC in a big way. They will be bringing forward a lot of phones with embedded NFC.”
- Bristol gets contactless donation points to help the homeless
- Visa upgrades Verified by Visa technology to enhance security and simplify online payments
- OCBC Bank launches cashless QR code payments with its first standalone mobile payments app
- Google introduces buy button in search results
- The modern plan for digital identity in Australia and beyond