Nokia Industry Collaborations VP Mark Selby told Mobile: “Nokia is anticipating multiple NFC-enabled devices, which won’t all be at the high end of the market. Our plan is to see NFC in lots of devices, not just smartphones.”
Selby declined to say when or how many NFC devices Nokia plans to launch, but said he anticipated that UK consumers will be widely using NFC devices by 2012.
One source close to Nokia said: “In Q3 and Q4 of next year we will see Nokia going into NFC in a big way. They will be bringing forward a lot of phones with embedded NFC.”
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK