Nokia Industry Collaborations VP Mark Selby told Mobile: “Nokia is anticipating multiple NFC-enabled devices, which won’t all be at the high end of the market. Our plan is to see NFC in lots of devices, not just smartphones.”
Selby declined to say when or how many NFC devices Nokia plans to launch, but said he anticipated that UK consumers will be widely using NFC devices by 2012.
One source close to Nokia said: “In Q3 and Q4 of next year we will see Nokia going into NFC in a big way. They will be bringing forward a lot of phones with embedded NFC.”
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year
- Rabobank includes value added services in HCE mobile wallet
- Messaging service Line looks to cryptocurrencies for payments