Nokia Industry Collaborations VP Mark Selby told Mobile: “Nokia is anticipating multiple NFC-enabled devices, which won’t all be at the high end of the market. Our plan is to see NFC in lots of devices, not just smartphones.”
Selby declined to say when or how many NFC devices Nokia plans to launch, but said he anticipated that UK consumers will be widely using NFC devices by 2012.
One source close to Nokia said: “In Q3 and Q4 of next year we will see Nokia going into NFC in a big way. They will be bringing forward a lot of phones with embedded NFC.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform