Nokia Industry Collaborations VP Mark Selby told Mobile: “Nokia is anticipating multiple NFC-enabled devices, which won’t all be at the high end of the market. Our plan is to see NFC in lots of devices, not just smartphones.”
Selby declined to say when or how many NFC devices Nokia plans to launch, but said he anticipated that UK consumers will be widely using NFC devices by 2012.
One source close to Nokia said: “In Q3 and Q4 of next year we will see Nokia going into NFC in a big way. They will be bringing forward a lot of phones with embedded NFC.”
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets