By packing more features into one chip, Powermat aims to make its products more useful to consumers and more attractive to partners such as wireless carriers, handset makers and retailers. The combination should boost adoption of both wireless charging and NFC while generating Powermat sales, said Powermat chief executive Ran Poliakine in an interview.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa