By packing more features into one chip, Powermat aims to make its products more useful to consumers and more attractive to partners such as wireless carriers, handset makers and retailers. The combination should boost adoption of both wireless charging and NFC while generating Powermat sales, said Powermat chief executive Ran Poliakine in an interview.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers