By packing more features into one chip, Powermat aims to make its products more useful to consumers and more attractive to partners such as wireless carriers, handset makers and retailers. The combination should boost adoption of both wireless charging and NFC while generating Powermat sales, said Powermat chief executive Ran Poliakine in an interview.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security