By packing more features into one chip, Powermat aims to make its products more useful to consumers and more attractive to partners such as wireless carriers, handset makers and retailers. The combination should boost adoption of both wireless charging and NFC while generating Powermat sales, said Powermat chief executive Ran Poliakine in an interview.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets