By packing more features into one chip, Powermat aims to make its products more useful to consumers and more attractive to partners such as wireless carriers, handset makers and retailers. The combination should boost adoption of both wireless charging and NFC while generating Powermat sales, said Powermat chief executive Ran Poliakine in an interview.
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments
- Facial recognition technology to replace passports at Australian airports
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada