By packing more features into one chip, Powermat aims to make its products more useful to consumers and more attractive to partners such as wireless carriers, handset makers and retailers. The combination should boost adoption of both wireless charging and NFC while generating Powermat sales, said Powermat chief executive Ran Poliakine in an interview.
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?