NFC payments could arrive in Australia as soon as the new year. According to The Australian, “Visa country manager Vipin Kalra said private negotiations between mobile carriers, banks and handset makers had reached a sufficient level of consensus to pave the way for a commercial service in Australia within a few months.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform