A 12 month pilot of the first open loop payment card to be issued by a transportation operator is now underway in the Philadelphia/New Jersey region of the USA. The Patco Wave & Pay Anywhere Visa prepaid cards can be used to make payments at any Visa merchant as well as to purchase tickets to travel on Patco’s transport network.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies