A 12 month pilot of the first open loop payment card to be issued by a transportation operator is now underway in the Philadelphia/New Jersey region of the USA. The Patco Wave & Pay Anywhere Visa prepaid cards can be used to make payments at any Visa merchant as well as to purchase tickets to travel on Patco’s transport network.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets