US department stores Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s are replacing signature pads at all 50,000 point-of-sale terminals with new customer response units developed by Verifone, reports Retail Touchpoints. The new devices, expected to be in place by fall 2012, enable the company to test emerging transaction-processing technologies including Google Wallet.
- A guide to tokenization — The essential enabler for expanding the world of commerce
- Hyundai’s Contactless Car launches at London’s King’s Cross station
- Android Pay enters 11th global market with launch in Russia
- Samsung Pay goes live in Taiwan with seven banks
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges