US department stores Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s are replacing signature pads at all 50,000 point-of-sale terminals with new customer response units developed by Verifone, reports Retail Touchpoints. The new devices, expected to be in place by fall 2012, enable the company to test emerging transaction-processing technologies including Google Wallet.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies