US department stores Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s are replacing signature pads at all 50,000 point-of-sale terminals with new customer response units developed by Verifone, reports Retail Touchpoints. The new devices, expected to be in place by fall 2012, enable the company to test emerging transaction-processing technologies including Google Wallet.
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments