Dublin-based Zapa Technology has appointed a provisional liquidator, according to the Irish Times. The NFC retail payments and rewards specialist, which continues to trade while a buyer is sought, owes €700,000 to creditors and has been unable to obtain funding to extend its Zapa Tag system. Zapa is the second high-profile proprietary NFC payments system to run into trouble this year, after Bling Nation suspended its US operations in June.
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow
- You can now fund your Abra wallet with your American Express card
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles