Dublin-based Zapa Technology has appointed a provisional liquidator, according to the Irish Times. The NFC retail payments and rewards specialist, which continues to trade while a buyer is sought, owes €700,000 to creditors and has been unable to obtain funding to extend its Zapa Tag system. Zapa is the second high-profile proprietary NFC payments system to run into trouble this year, after Bling Nation suspended its US operations in June.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills