Dublin-based Zapa Technology has appointed a provisional liquidator, according to the Irish Times. The NFC retail payments and rewards specialist, which continues to trade while a buyer is sought, owes €700,000 to creditors and has been unable to obtain funding to extend its Zapa Tag system. Zapa is the second high-profile proprietary NFC payments system to run into trouble this year, after Bling Nation suspended its US operations in June.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain