Inside Secure has shipped 10 million MicroRead and SecuRead NFC controller chips so far in 2011, and the company’s capacity for NFC chip shipments now exceeds five million units per month. “Inside’s NFC chip shipments indicate that this market is achieving significant penetration as more and more mobile device and other consumer electronics device makers begin to integrate NFC functionality into their product offerings,” says chief operating officer Charles Walton.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security