Inside Secure has shipped 10 million MicroRead and SecuRead NFC controller chips so far in 2011, and the company’s capacity for NFC chip shipments now exceeds five million units per month. “Inside’s NFC chip shipments indicate that this market is achieving significant penetration as more and more mobile device and other consumer electronics device makers begin to integrate NFC functionality into their product offerings,” says chief operating officer Charles Walton.
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India
- Face ID to add privacy layer to lockscreen notifications
- Esso lets UK drivers pay at the pump with their mobile phone
- Bank of America reports $4bn in P2P payments
- Russia to issue state-backed CryptoRuble digital currency