Inside Secure has shipped 10 million MicroRead and SecuRead NFC controller chips so far in 2011, and the company’s capacity for NFC chip shipments now exceeds five million units per month. “Inside’s NFC chip shipments indicate that this market is achieving significant penetration as more and more mobile device and other consumer electronics device makers begin to integrate NFC functionality into their product offerings,” says chief operating officer Charles Walton.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers