Temperature monitoring specialist American Thermal Instruments is to launch six pilots to test the Log-IC NFC data loggers it launched last month. Participants for the three-month trials will be selected from the logistics, pharmaceuticals, retail and manufacturing sectors and will track vaccines, flowers, fruits, vegetables, wine and other products according to RFID Journal. The temperature data loggers can be read with NFC phones through the product’s box as goods move through the supply chain.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole