POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers