POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes