POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- India’s Mobikwik aims to triple user base in 2017
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa launches HCE mobile payments developed with Antelop
- US banks launch money-transfer app