POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform