POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- NXP powers NFC payments in Sony Wena smart watch strap
- Walmart cancelled in-aisle self-checkout project due to high levels of shopper theft
- Kroger launches payments, offers and rewards app for iOS and Android
- Tesco lets customers use Siri to check their bank balance
- CaixaBank rolls out facial recognition ATMs