POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments