POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Apple Pay goes live in 13 new European countries
- Seppeltsfield Barossa adds NFC tags to wine bottles
- Swedish banks roll out wearable payments on fashion watches
- Visa to acquire Rambus’ payments and ticketing business
- Apple Pay to go live in Greece, Portugal and Slovakia this week