POS terminal maker VeriFone has announced the H5000, a countertop point-of-sale terminal that accepts NFC and contactless payments as well as mag stripe and EMV chip cards. The device is positioned as a successor to Hypercom’s Artema Hybrid and is the first major enhancement of a Hypercom system since it was acquired by VeriFone in August 2011. First units will ship in early 2012, with general availability expected in the second quarter.
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system